Sunday, May 29, 2011

"Megamind" Movie Review

Megamind is a mega-hit!
Megamind, self-proclaimed "incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy" is Dreamworks Animation Studios' latest, and greatest (imho/in my humble opinion) original main character yet! This blue-skinned wonder has captured my imagination, put it in a cage, locked it up and threw away the key. Why is he so irresistible to fan-girls such as myself? Is it his gravity-defying always-taunting raised eyebrows? Is it his giant black capes, his skin-tight leather costume, his foot-loose dancing? Is it the fact that his voice is played by Will Ferrel? Or is it the fact that he's my favorite primary color? The answer is "all of the above and more". The movie of the same name has it all: action, comedy, romance, aliens, robots, supermen in supertights, a contemporary 80's/90's soundtrack, and an all-star cast that deserves 4 out of 4 stars!

Take it from me, this animated film has got some good laughs, a lot of heartwarming moments, and the greatest animated facial expressions I've ever seen in my life!
Do yourself and me a huge favor and go see this movie. 
You won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I stumbled upon your blog exactly.. but just wanted to say I've really enjoyed your movie reviews. It's been fun reading over your stuff so keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you've enjoyed reading my thoughts and opinions on this movie, please don't be shy. Let me know what you think!
I respond to all comments.